Sunday, October 18, 2009

Uninspired.

You may have noticed the lack of updates with pictures of food. There is a reason for that. My food muse is hibernating. I mean, obviously I've been eating but I haven't added anything new to the rotation. This is very sad for me. I was doing so well, then I fell into a hot dog/ stir fry / casserole / pasta slump.

So to you my dear readers, a request. Comment with a recipe/dish suggestion. Please keep in mind, I do not eat meat so even though I know baby back ribs and steaks are delicious, it will not be very helpful to me (although I know husbinator would approve.)

In the meantime, to hold you over, here is a picture of a cake I made for a co workers birthday. Devils food, with chocolate-chocolate chip frosting (choc frosting with tiny chocolate chips in it), drizzled in chocolate. Not vegan, but I heard it was delicious. Not bad for a store bought mix and frosting.

2 comments:

Vicki said...

a big batch of Split pea soup (perfect for the freezer)

2 cups onion
1tbsp minced garlic
olive oil
1tsp dried oregano
1tbsp salt (I never use this much)
2tsp pepper
4 cups carrots
2 cups potatoes
2 lbs dried split peas
16 cups water or stock

in a big pot on medium heat, saute onion and garlic with oil, oregano, salt, and pepper until the onions are translucent. Add carrots, potatoes, peas, and stock. Bring to a boil, then simmer uncovered for an hour and 20min. Skim off foam and stir often to make sure stuff doesn't stick to the bottom.

I made some last week and we're actually having some for dinner tomorrow night. I'll post more ideas as they come to me.

mishymishy said...

That sounds good and I may try it in colder weather. Preston said he wants ham in it though, the crazyface. Pigs in soup? That's absurd.