Monday, June 22, 2009

Trying again

What you see here is me trying again. Me trying again to keep a blog, me trying again to put a picture of my life on the web for those interested enough to read it, and me trying yet again to learn to knit. Debbie Stroller will help me with the latter, but for the first two, that will be all me.

I am a self proclaimed disaster of domestication. I like a clean house, I like to bake, sew, cook, and crochet, knit and do creative things. However, liking something does not always mean I am good at it. Don't get me wrong, I have some success to an extent, but I'm not particularly fabulous at any of those things, especially the cleaning part. That part of my brain doesn't click on, the part that says "the carpet doesn't get cleaner until you vacuum it. You should vacuum it." The other 1950's housewives would have burnt me at the stake. Luckily, I have a very understanding husband who puts up with my trials and errors.

So here we go. A messy apartment, 3 dogs, 2 cats, a husband, a sister and me. Add baking supplies, craft supplies, video games and a lack of paper towels and that's my life.

As for the knitting, I managed to make a nice knit swatch. Funky colored yarn, I know. It will be useful for dusting off the tv or something. Which reminds me, I should probably dust off the TV.

No comments: